Next Application Day is Friday June 2nd, 2017 between the hours of 8AM to 6PM.
Next Union Meeting is Friday June 2nd, 2017 at 7:00PM. Location is LU #816 Meeting Hall.
Welcome to the Paducah Electrical JATC website. We offer a five year apprenticeship program in the Electrical Industry at which time the students have 180 hours of classroom training per year for 5 years and 8000 hours of OJT (on the job training) over 5 years. Once a student has completed all of the requirements of the apprenticeship they are transferred to Journeyman Wireman status.
The Paducah Electrical Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee (JATC) will make applications for apprenticeship available from 8:00 AM until 6:00 PM on the first Friday of each month. Applications will be available at the JATC office 2110 Shade Tree Drive, Paducah, KY 42003. Applications must be complete on site at the time they are issued. To meet the minimum qualifications for apprenticeship, applicants must:
- Complete an Application form.
- Be a minimum of 17 years of age. (Birth Certificate Required)
- Be a High School Graduate, or have a GED, or have a two year Associates Degree or higher. (Documentation Required)
- In April or May of the qualifying school year you must be a High School Senior who is eligible to graduate with a conformation letter from a school guidance counselor. Upon graduation you must provide proof of the graduation.
- Show evidence of successful completion of: One full year of High School Algebra (Algebra I) with a passing grade, or one Post High School Algebra Course with a passing grade, or provide evidence of having successfully completed the NJATC On-Line Tech-Math course.
- Provide Official Transcripts for High School and Post High School Education and Training. All GED Records must also be submitted if applicable.
- Submit a DD-214 to verify Military Training and experience if they are a Veteran.
- Sit for the electrical industry's aptitude test developed and validated by the American Institutes for Research.
- Obtain a qualifying score of 4 or higher using the electrical industry's aptitude test developed and validated by the American Institutes for Research.
- Possess a Valid Driver's License.
- Individuals who can verify (by providing undisputable documenting evidence) that they have worked a minimum of four (4000) hours specifically in the electrical construction trade, do not need to meet the requirement of items (3), (5) and (9) above.
- Individuals who can verify (by providing undisputable documentating evidence) that they have worked a minimum of two thousand (2000) hours specifically in the electrical construction trade , do not need to meet the requirements of items (3) and (5) above.
- Honorably discharged military veterans who completed Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) applicable to the electrical construction industry (as determined by the JATC), and can document a minimum of two (2) years of military experience in that MOS, do not need to meet the requirements of items (3), (5) and (9) above. (Must apply within five (5) years of that MOS experience)
- Prior to being registered, applicants selected from the pool of interviewed applicants must be 18 years of age and PASS A DRUG TEST. (Paid for by the JATC)
We are affiliated with NECA/IBEW/NJATC. Click on the links below to be connected to our affiliates!